- DO NOT remove your contact lens(es). The doctor will remove it for you.
- DO NOT rub your eyes following surgery for the first week.
- If a contact lens falls out, DO NOT attempt to reinsert it. Continue to use the medications as directed and contact us.
- Use ice packs to reduce your discomfort for ten minutes every hour while you are awake.
- NO strenuous physical activity while contact lens is in place.
- It is OK to shower, but try to avoid getting shower water in your eyes for two weeks following surgery.
- Try to stay away from smoke, dusty areas or chemical vapors for two weeks following PRK.
- Wear your sunglasses with 100% UVA and UVB protection whenever you are outside.
- DO NOT drive or operate machinery/appliances until advised by the doctor after contact lens removal.
- DO NOT swim in pool, ocean, or use hot tubs, steam baths, or saunas for one month after surgery.
- Some eye drops may sting for up to two minutes or cause temporary blurred vision. Chilling all of your eye drops in your refrigerator may help make them less irritating.
- DO NOT drive unless you feel safe and confident with your vision.
Use the medication as prescribed by your doctor.
- Regular diet the day before and after surgery
- Drink at least 8 glasses of fluid a day (non- alcoholic and non-caffeinated beverages)
How to use eye drops
- Wash your hands before administration of eye drop medications.
- DO NOT touch the eye dropper, or let dropper touch your eye.
- Shake eye drops well before using.
- Tilt your head back, gazing upward and pull down on lower eyelid, making a pouch.
- Place dropper directly over eye and administer prescribed number of drops.
- Look downward and gently close your eye for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Try not to blink or rub eye.
- DO NOT rinse the eye dropper.
- WAIT 1 minute between every eye drop administered.
- Vitamin C 1000mg/tablet. Take 1 tablet once a day to facilitate wound healing.
- Antibiotic (Vigamox/Zymar) 1 drop to operative eye(s). Ask your physician regarding the frequency of the medication. Begin following your surgery.
- Artificial Tears (Genteal) 1 drop to operative eye(s) as needed when you feel like your eyes are drying. Ask your physician regarding the frequency of the medication. Begin following your surgery.
- Steroid (Pred Forte/ Flarex) 1 drop to operative eye(s) until advised to begin tapering by the doctor after contact lens removal. Ask your physician regarding the frequency of the medication.
- NSAIDs (Acular/ Voltaren) 1 drop to operative eye(s) for pain. Ask your physician regarding the frequency of the medication. Begin following your surgery.
- Ice therapy is also highly recommended. You can place ice on your eyes for 10-20 minutes for each hour you are awake for the first 24 to 48 hours following surgery.
- Call us up at Asian Hospital at +632 771 9253 to 54 from 9am-6pm from Mondays to Saturdays. After hours call the clinic mobile phone at +63917 795 2020, or your physician.
- Call us up at St. Luke's Global at +632 822 2020 from 8am-5pm from Mondays to Saturdays. After hours call the mobile phone at +63917 840 2020, or your physician.
Book a visit today! Call +632 828 2020 or +63917 844 2020.
|< Prev||Next >|
+632 828 2020
+632 822 2020
+63917 844 2020
+63917 823 2020
We have 480 guests online